March 8th (Saturday) 10:00am – 12:00pm
UNICEF Beijing Office 联合国儿童基金会驻中国办事处
12 Sanlitun Road 北京朝阳区三里屯路12号(near the Opposite House)
Tel: +86 (10) 8531-2600
Click Here to Register
Optional donation to our charity The Dandelion School encouraged. Ticket Price: 100 RMB
Ticket includes tea or coffee and croissants or fruit.
Register in advance, as space is limited.*For security purposes, please bring a valid ID to enter the UNICEF facility.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, the 2014 season of 85 Broads Mentoring Walks will kickoff on Saturday March 8th, 2013, hosted by 85 Broads, UNICEF, the American Chamber of Commerce, the Australian Chamber of Commerce, the European Chamber of Commerce, and Capital M Beijing. All proceeds from the event will be donated to young girls at the Dandelion School, a non-profit educational institute located in the outskirts of Beijing that provides education for Chinese migrant families who fall below the poverty line and are unable to obtain basic education in Beijing.
Our Mentoring Walks bring together established women leaders and emerging women leaders in our community to connect, learn, mentor and share resources. Women mentors and their mentees break up into small groups and walk together, discussing their personal and professional challenges, life choices, successes, failures, passions and inspirations, and tips to achieving the most in one’s life. Mentoring Walks increase the impact of women in our communities and provide opportunities to highlight achievements, as well as to teach, learn, and encourage leadership and excellence.
Our Mentoring Walks also provide aspiring professionals with an open ear, honest feedback and personal and professional guidance from seasoned professionals in a number of fields. Mentors come from a diverse variety of backgrounds including, international development, foreign affairs, law, finance and banking, business development, marketing, public relations, humanitarian and non-profit work, corporate social responsibility, academia, entrepreneurship, restaurateurs, healthcare, technology and media, sustainability, energy, international trade, and more.
85 Broads is an exclusive global network of over 30,000 trailblazing and high-achieving women whose mission is to generate exceptional professional and social value for its communities, and use the remarkable intelligence and talent of its members to positively change the course of history for future generations of women worldwide.
Our Esteemed Mentors:
- Belinda Rabano, Corporate Communications, WPP Asia Pacific
- Goerild Heggelund, Senior Climate Change Advisor, United Nations Development Programme in China( Mandarin )
- Sarah Kennedy, Vice President, International Fonterra
- Dr. Lucy Chen Director, Global Institute of Health Peking University
- Pia McCrae, CEO, Save the Children China ( Mandarin )
- Dr. Catherine Sozi, China Coordinator, UNAIDS
- Michelle Yang, Media & i-Marketing Director, Coca Cola (Mandarin)
- Jan Fang, Asia Pacific External Communications, Pfizer ( Mandarin)
- Jolanda van Westering, Child Protection Chief, UNICEF
- Cherry Han, Chief Representative, Solvay*
- Lin Gao, Senior Director, Global Government Affairs, Motorola Solutions
- Ellen Marks, General Manager, RTI China- Sandra Oudkirk, Economics Section, U.S. State Department*
- W. Rose Zhu, Partner – Corporate, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
About the Dandelion School
The Dandelion School was founded by the Dandelion Project, which consists of dozens of Chinese female professionals who are devoted to charitable work to improve the quality of life for Chinese women and children. The school was established in August 2005 in Daxing, a suburb district of Beijing. Its classrooms were transformed from an abandoned factory building. It is the first and only charitable and nonprofit middle school providing quality education specially-tailored for children from low income migrant families.
Future 2014 Mentoring Walks
Mentoring Walks for 2014 will take place in Ritan Park, and we will accept only 30 participant for each walk session. Future dates are:
- March 8th, 2014 (Saturday) *hosted at UNICEF
- May 9th, 2014 (Friday)
- July 11th, 2014 (Friday)
- September 12th, 2014 (Friday)
- November 14th, 2014 (Friday) *this finale walk will take place at another location, TBD.